Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just Giving a Ride

Last Monday, I was on my way to Lowe’s to buy a snow shovel. I saw this lady using a crutch hobbling through the snow; that is, 5 inches of show and it was still snowing! I turned around and picked her up. She was traveling about 1 mile to a physical therapy appointment. She was hit by a car 2 years ago and is still feeling the effects from the accident.

Wow! After dropping her off, it made me grateful for what I have. It seemed to reduce the size of my shortcomings and weaknesses and made me grateful for all that I have.

“…[S]ervice helps us generate love and appreciation. We come to know people by serving them—their circumstances, their challenges, their hopes and aspirations.”
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=39812150a447b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

It was really easy for me to give her a ride. It was impossible for her to give herself a ride.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

That is a cool story. Glad you could help her.

Elise said...

I have a good news story:
Last Wednesday I was driving home and got stuck in an icy, snowy gutter. There were four people that stopped to help me and get my car out! Hurrah for nice people!