Sunday, April 26, 2009

Have you ever hitch hiked?

Last weekend was one of the funnest weekends ever! Ammon, Leslie, Scott (Ammon's friend), Sam Hartman, Artia (Sam's friend), and I went to Zion National Park to scramble down some of the best canyons. Namely, Pine Creek, Keyhole, and Spry. We also hiked up Angel's Landing; then it snowed on us at the top!
After doing Pine Creek on Thursday we needed a ride back. I hitched a ride from Kit. She was visiting from Chicago. Nice lady. Early on in our conversation, I felt, share the gospel! So we did some small talk and then i asked, "Have you ever heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?" She said, "Ooo yes i have. I'm not religious" Apparently, many dental students fixed her teeth in Chicago.

What a nice lady to give me a ride. It wasn't far but if I had to walk it would be impossible. No pedestrians in the Mt. Carmel Tunnel.

6 comments:

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Wow, Tyson. That's cool that you asked her about the church. Way to follow your prompting. Maybe she'll be wanting to know more about the church now. You never what feelings and promptings you leave them with.

Why were you hitch hiking? We used to hitch in Hawaii all the time from beach to beach and back home. Usually in the back of people's trucks.

You're awesome Tys!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

P.S. We want to see pictures of your trip!

Tia said...

way to go sharing the gospel. I'm with Carrie and waiting for pictures of your most recent trip.

Cameron said...

the only time I hitch hiked was on my mission. My companion and I got a ride from a member to a remote town and told him we'll find our way home after we did our visits and tracting. We started walking home and got picked up by some guys in a truck.

I used to pickup hitch hikers and give them a Book of Mormon I carried in the car.

Dad in Chile said...

The only time I hitch hiked was on my mission as that was the normal way for us to get around long distances etc like to mission conferences. Back then people gladly stopped to give us a lift.

The Mrs. said...

Cool story.

Need Pictures.

Jamee