Sunday, February 3, 2013

Good Reference

I really needed to get into a class and it was full.  I attended the first day of school and asked the professor in lab if she could add me.  She said the only way I could get in the class was by doing it online.  This, as most of you know, is pretty much hopeless.  You sit at the computer hitting refresh hoping someone will drop the class and then hope that you can add it before another student doing the same thing! However, there was a student that vouched for me. She heard my plight and responded with a solid reference saying I was a good student(she was in my class last semester)  That night I emailed the professor and asked if she would add me.  She responded with, "Hi. Lucky you you came with such good references from fellow students."  e And then instructed me how to override the online add/drop.

When you are nice it's amazing what you can accomplish. People will remember you.

1 comment:

Ammon said...

That's cool . nice work being nice