Monday, January 19, 2009

I read this add on Craigslist

THANK YOU! - Emergency Move! Need A Couple of Hands (Provo)


Reply to: sale-994933550@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-16, 6:15AM MST


I cannot express how amazed I am at the response I received from the abundance of folks in Provo when I posted this ad needing a few hands to help me move... I received roughly 100 responses to my ad and tons of folks showing up to help move me and my baby. ~ and I must say ~ The folks that arrived to help me were simply fantactic... ~ I would not have been able to accomplish this without ya'll... Blessings to you... I will for sure / pay it forward in your honor!

My Original Ad

I am a single mom with a 10 month old who just moved to Provo a few days ago - and - due to safety issues in the apartment we just move into, I am having to be moved to another apartment as quickly as possible... I have a truck but no hands to help me load and unload. I don't have a lot but its more than I can move on my own... Is there anyone out there that can spare an hours time to help me make this move....





3 comments:

Elise said...

That is such a cool story. Thanks for posting it!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

That is cool. Did she really have no hands? Way to go Provo in stepping up in the community service department!

Natalie in Sparks said...

well thats Provo for ya! its nice to see the good things that can come from using craigs list, besides getting a good deal or selling your old junk!